I think at heart I must be a frustrated ad-man. I love great commercials and ads, as well as clever marketing campaigns.
So imagine my excitement when I received an email today that Marketing Birds had compiled an ebook that featured the best ads of 2019.
It’s been a while since I’ve featured something from Marketing Birds, the wonderful home of marketing and advertising students at Izmir Katip Celebi University in Turkey. Based on their insights, I knew it was going to contain some great ads, and I was not disappointed.
I thought I’d share a few of my favorites here.
- Sephora recognizes that many of us just want to do our shopping in peace, and not be asked: “How can I help you today?”
- Coke, as usual, is always at the top of the ad game, and here are two that were chosen by Marketing Birds:
be sure to read the small print…
- This is quite the visual created by McDonalds:
- A clever way to advertise sugar-free Chupa Chups lollipops:
- A reminder from Colgate what you should be doing after eating a sweet snack. How cool would it be to build a disposable toothbrush into such snacks!
- And perhaps it’s no surprise that an ad from the students’ university made the cut. But it is quite good.
- And then there were a couple of images that highlight the power of marketing.
- Here’s one that focused on branding:
- and one that looked at the effectiveness of promotions and discounting:
If you’d like to see Marketing Birds’ complete collection of the best ads of 2019, you can click here. And if you want to stay up on the latest in marketing and advertising, here is their Twitter account.
A big thank you to the students (and faculty) at Luiss University for this wonderful compilation.