I was on the wonderful Study Finds web site, trying to see if anything caught my fancy to write about. Nothing really jumped out at me, but while scrolling through the various research studies, an idea came to me to see what some of the most obvious research findings have been.
In other words, the results of the study confirmed what everyone already knew. So it makes you wonder why do such a study, and were the researchers expecting to find something else?
So I searched the web, and I came across a few sites that listed the results of some of these obvious research studies, and I compiled a list from three of those sites:
- Cellphones And Driving Don’t MixHigh Heels Can Make Your Feet Hurt
- Going Bald Is Upsetting
- Employees Hate Meetings
- Friends Are Awesome
- Sword Swallowing Can Be Dangerous
- When It’s Cold, People Bundle Up
- Drunk People Have Unsafe Sex
- Busty Women Get Bigger Tips
- You Should Keep Babies Away From Ledge
- Study Shows Beneficial Effect Of Electric Fans In Extreme Heat And Humidity
- Study Shows Benefit Of Higher Quality Screening Colonoscopies
- Depressed Individuals May Fail To Decrease Sadness
- Quitting Smoking After Heart Attack Reduces Chest Pain, Improves Quality Of Life
- Older Workers Bring Valuable Knowledge To The Job
- Being Homeless Is Bad For Your Health
- The More Time A Person Lives Under A Democracy, The More Likely She Or He Is To Support Democracy
- Statistical Analysis Reveals Mexican Drug War Increased Homicide Rates
- Middle-Aged Congenital Heart Disease Survivors May Need Special Care
- Scientists Discover A Difference Between The Sexes
- Students Who Do Homework Get Higher Grades
- Overeating Can Lead To Weight Gain
- Party Schools Love To Party
- Musicians Get The Girls
- “Pre-Gaming” Before You Hit The Bar Means More Alcohol Overall
- People Change Clothes Based On The Weather
So did anything surprise you on the list?
I should probably tell my students about the link between doing homework and better grades, just in case they were not aware of such a relationship.
I also wish I had kept up my drum lessons, at least through high school…