I was browsing through the Study Finds web site, seeing if there might be something worth writing about, and I was just overwhelmed by the number of possible topics. So rather than pick one and offer my take on the study, I thought I would just share a few headlines and let you pick which one you may want to read.
Of course, if none of them interest you, just hit the like button and get back to whatever you were doing.
- Nomophobia frenzy: 9 in 10 college students battle fear of being without smartphone (side note – I asked my students the other day what cell phone they use – 56 out of 56 students use an iPhone)
- Secret weapon for dieters: Consuming your own fecal microbiome helps keep off lost weight (I can see how this would lead to weight loss – I’d be gagging myself for days…)
- Average American spends over $11K on toilet paper over a lifetime — enough to buy a Rolex! (I think I’d rather have a lifetime of TP than a Rolex.)
- ‘Loners’ play important role in evolution, serve as nature’s insurance policy (I always knew I had a role to play…)
- Prehistoric ‘terror crocodile’ grew to 33-feet, had banana-sized teeth for eating dinosaurs (and you wonder why I am terrified of reptiles.)
- Smiling more often — even faking it — ‘tricks’ your brain into feeling happy, study finds (let the fake smiling, mask or no mask, begin!)
There you have it.
I’ll be checking my stats all night and tomorrow to see which of these studies, if any, people clicked on…