For the past couple of months, I have been receiving occasional comments from what appears to be someone associated with a liquor store in Colorado. Here are the comments I’ve received, which I have never posted because they just seemed a little over the top and a little off with the grammar.
- Excellent write-up, I have always enjoyed your articles, you’re such a wonderful writer, always on point. This article is loaded to the hilt, I thoroughly enjoyed myself reading it and at the same time I was hugely enlightened. I will keep developing my writing skills so that one day I will be at your level. Thanks
- Thanks for sharing such an amazing blog. I must say you are doing a great job. Keep doing such hard work. Your blogs are really very informative. Keep posting! Good Luck for your upcoming updates (yes, this is a repeat of a comment made six weeks ago; see below)
- No doubt , post is incredible and informational also. Every time i read your blog i just stuck with the content of post that how easily you describe each and every aspects of topic of the post. Great inspiration for me .
- Sometimes the topic of one of your articles comes at just the right time. This one will be revisited time and time again.
- Thanks for sharing such an amazing blog. I must say you are doing a great job. Keep doing such hard work. Your blogs are really very informative. Keep posting! Good Luck for your upcoming updates.
- Thanks a lot for the advice, your blog posts are great as usual. Interesting article! Keep sharing such great things.
So as you see, either someone really likes my blog, or this is spam.
I decided to check.
I copied verbatim the comment that starts “Thanks for sharing such an amazing blog…” and pasted it into Google. I hit enter, and I found 36 web sites where this exact comment had been posted, as early as 2015, but most of them are much more recent.
So while my suspicions were confirmed, I was really hoping it was a real person, someone who really liked my blog. A spammer has been two-timing me.
I guess my first clue that it was likely a fake comment should have been that someone like one of my posts that much.
I don’t even like most of my posts that much…
*image from Archer International